- June 9-12, 2016 – Our Grand Finale 19th Writing It Real in Suquamish Writers’ Conference. 2 spots left!
- View Schedule for all online classes:
- Sampler Platter – Writing in a variety of sub-genres to expand your skill – Five weeks beginning 4/28
- Epistolary Writing – Using the letter form to write personal essays – Five weeks beginning May 2
- Poetry Workshop – All levels welcome! Five weeks beginning 4/28 4 spots available!
Make Your Writing Dreams Come True! Learn from Poet, Essayist and Author Sheila Bender
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Editing and Development
- Telephone Consults
- Live Seminars & Workshops
- Manuscript Evaluations
- On-Line Tutorials and Classes
- Conferences and Workshops
- Weekly Articles on Craft and the Writing Life
- Writing Contests
- Group Discussions
Sheila’s slogan when it comes to work-in-progress is that there is no bad writing, only opportunities for good writing. Her community of contributing writers and students are committed to bringing life experiences to the page. So, whether you are reading Writing It Real’s library of weekly articles, working in Writing It Real’s online classes, attending writers’ conferences with master writers or receiving response and mentoring in one-on-one study, you will learn to develop your work and say what you’ve dreamed of saying. If you’d like to publish, you will be on your way to submitting work that grabs editors’ attention.
Taking time to write from personal experience provides the right food and the right stuff for finding what lights our souls and what we have to offer others.
Beginning new work or reshaping older work? Sheila can help you look into your creative nonfiction, memoir, personal essay, poetry and short fiction, even college and graduate school application essays, for surprises and wisdom. Learn to bring out the best in your writing. Join Writing It Real today. It’s the “write” place for expert guidance and tremendously useful resources.